Re: Edmunds Landing, Puget Sound

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on January 09, 2002 at 21:55:07:

In Reply to: Edmunds Landing, Puget Sound posted by Eric Frasco on January 09, 2002 at 14:30:34:

Edmunds is a good dive. Been a long time since I was there, but I pulled out my video of my last dive there and it brought back some fond memories.
Best place, IMO, in puget sound is Delco wall. It starts at about 60 FSW and drops to about 180 (IIRC). The wall is about 1/2 mile long and is a fantastic drift dive. It is off shore so you have to have a charter to get to it.

Further north is the San Juan islands. A lot of great diving and a lot of shops / charters that can send you to the various locations.

If you head south into Tacoma there are a lot of good beach dive spots. A beach dive in the sound isn't like a Ca. beach entry. There is no, or little, surf.

Take a look at the shop locators on the various cert agencies (naui.org, padi.com etc...) and then contact the local dive shops. Like someone else said Underwater Sports is the local dive chain, 4 shops I think, and they can probably help you out the most. I do know there is at least one dive resort in the San Juans, can't remember the name though.

Bottom line, there is a lot of first class diving up there. Oh, and I drove from Tacoma to San Francisco east bay and it took 19 hours. It'll take 3 hours to get from Seattle to Oregon. Another 3 or 4 to get through Oregon and then 6 or 8 to get down to San Francisco, if the weather and trafic are light.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]