Re: I'm sorry, I forgot how to dive.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on March 23, 2005 at 16:40:47:

In Reply to: Re: I'm sorry, I forgot how to dive. posted by Instructor 710 on March 23, 2005 at 16:15:26:

Im sorry, but you really don't know what is going on. You obviously weren't here. This is not a critism. It's just to tell you that things may be different than you know about.
If you look at the other board, you will realize that I gave my standard responce that I give when the "truce" is broken between boards. Go to the other board and then tell me the truce has been respected.
It was never about DIR or diving. DIR gear and procedures were well examined here and many parts are well respected. Many divers, myself included, adopted a number of them that seemd useful. There is no doubt that DIR advanced diving practices. It was never about DIR. It was all about people and personalities. Man, you never saw what went on and it was much worse on the other board than here.
By the way, some of the most fun I have ever had was wrestling and tycwandoe. Yes I like to fight. I also like beating on people that take it on themselves to beat others up. It's more of a challenge in ways. (Don't you love that rationalizing.) Again it was never about diving. It has always been about people.
You may not know it, but the signs are clear that there is an attack on this board brewing. I'm just saying what our wonderful prez said. "Bring it on". You may not know it, but generally the appropriate responce to an attack is to face it, not to avoid it.
Really, I hope this stuff doesn't bother you, but I don't think you can show a post with DIR slamming in it. So go ahead and use your real handle.
Go look at the other board and see what some "people", not DIR, are saying. I intend to keep that crud off this board.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]